Treatments for your little ones
Physio Atlas now offers orthopedic services for the whole family. The PhysioAtlas team offers care suited to the needs of your baby or child for the treatment of:
- overall development of motor function.
Have you noticed that…
- the back of your child’s head is flat on one side, and this worries you?
- your baby does not turn his or her head to both sides in symmetrical fashion, or that, when lying down, his/her head always seems to be tilted or turned to one side?
Following a complete evaluation, our physical therapists will be able to establish a plan of action, showing you the exercises and positioning methods to use in order to remediate this abnormality.
Perhaps your baby has developed a torticollis (stiff neck). A tension or shortening of certain muscles in the neck can cause this type of problem. The physical therapist can help your baby by suggesting active exercises and appropriate stretches according to the child’s condition. It is important to understand that a torticollis can influence your toddler’s long-term motor function development, if it is not resolved. For example, symmetrical crawling and even sitting up are far more difficult to achieve with a stiff neck.
Our role in physical therapy is to
- maximize physical abilities
- minimize limitations
- support babies/children and their parents in their physical and motor development.
Our treatments are intended to be inclusive, so the participation of both the child and the parents is prioritized. Furthermore, we believe that a play-based approach is a great asset for your children’s rehabilitation, because it allows for greater adherence to treatment plans and is seen to be a more viable solution.
It is best to arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment to fill out your child’s contact/health information form.
For 0-2 year-old children
- Choose the right time of day
- When your child is rested
- Ideally not immediately after a bottle or breastfeeding
- It is interesting when both parents can be present (currently to be discussed on a case-by-case basis due to the pandemic context and the sanitary measures in place)
- To optimize the meeting, it is preferable to leave your baby’s siblings at home.
- Bring a few toys that are meaningful to your child, this will encourage their participation throughout the meeting.
- Provide food and water (thermos of hot water, commercial infant formula, etc.) for your child as needed while you are in the clinic
- Bring diapers and a change of clothes
Children over 2 years old
- Provide comfortable clothing that allows for easy exposure of the area to be assessed and gives your child full freedom of movement
- Bring a pair of shoes frequently worn at home or at daycare/school
During the meeting, our pediatric physiotherapists will make sure to respect your child’s rhythm. Breaks will be given according to his or her needs at the time in order to optimize his or her experience and yours in our clinic.
AVAILABLE AT OUR FOLLOWING CLINICS
OFFERED BY THE FOLLOWING PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
- Catherine Apinis
- Catherine Bernier-Chabot
- Geneviève Bouchard-Landry
- Isabelle Lalonde
- Lucie Guillemette
- Margot Fouquet
- Marie-Eve Dubois
- Sarah Carrier
- Sophie Houle